You agree that your use of the United Reporting Crime News Service and Information is governed by the following terms and conditions:
1. Access to United Reporting Crime News Service and Information. United Reporting grants you a nontransferable, nonexclusive license to access our Crime News Service and Information and the information contained in the Crime News Archive, solely for the purpose of performing data verification, person, property and address location and related searches for personal use only. United Reporting may authorize business use through its enterprise services program.
2. Changes Posted. By viewing the content of our Crime News Service and Information and downloading its content, you agree to abide by the policies contained in this Agreement. In addition, certain services, such as our chat rooms or forum discussions, e-mail services and others, may require additional user agreements, which will appear when you use those services. From time to time, we may make changes to this Agreement. If we do, we will notify you by posting the changes here. Continuing to use our Crime News Service and Information service after we have posted notice of these changes means that you agree to the changes.
3. General Restrictions. You agree to use our information only for appropriate, legal purposes, and in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Additionally, you agree that our Crime News Service and Information may not be used to bother, stalk, harass, threaten or embarrass any individual. You may not use the service to look up celebrities or other public persons, or to locate individuals under the age of 18. Information shall not be provided or resold to any other person or entity without our prior written consent. All searches of our Crime News Service and Information are tracked, and (as noted below) you consent to such tracking and to the provision of all information about your use of our Crime News Service and Information to law enforcement and others as may be useful to respond to allegations that our service or information has been misused.
4. Additional Restrictions. In the event of using this service for criminal or civil background checks, you should not assume that this data provides a complete or accurate history of any person’s criminal or civil history. You should consult state and federal laws before using this information in making decisions on hiring or firing of employees. United Reporting can not offer legal advice on how to use the information contained in criminal or civil background reports, and are not responsible for any action taken by the customer based on this information. Customers should use extreme caution when interpreting the results of a criminal or civil background search for any type of personal verification. Positive or false matches in criminal or civil searches may not provide confirmation of an individual’s criminal or civil background. Search results are also limited by scope of use, and retention of personal identifiers found in this information is limited to 10-Days after access. Proper use of these reports is the responsibility of you, the customer.
5. Copyrights, Trademarks, etc. We’ve been working hard to provide you with interesting, useful and entertaining information. While you visit our site, please remember that all of the content published by United Reporting, including articles, photos, images, graphics, audio and video clips, bulletin board postings and other content, is owned by United Reporting, or by other information providers who have licensed their content for use on this site. Additionally, the entire content of our site is also copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws; the owner of the collective work is United Reporting.
By using the Service, you agree that:
a. You may electronically store a reasonable portion of United Reporting content for your personal, noncommercial use by making a single electronic copy on your computer’s hard drive, a single copy on a diskette or a single copy in printed form. You also agree that you will not store or archive a significant portion of the content or create a database using the content.
b. You will not in any way violate the intellectual property laws protecting the content accessible through United Reporting. This means you agree not to copy, modify, publish, transmit, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or display the content, including logos, trademarks or service marks, or otherwise violate the proprietary rights of United Reporting or others.
c. You will not reuse, republish or otherwise distribute the content or any modified or altered versions of it, whether over the Internet or otherwise, and whether or not for payment, without the express written permission of United Reporting or the copyright holder.
d. You will cooperate promptly and completely with any reasonable request by United Reporting related to an investigation of infringement of copyright or other proprietary right.
To obtain permission to reuse or republish any United Reporting content, please send an e-mail message to Circulation Manager, United Reporting, P.O. Box 41037, Sacramento, CA 95841. EML: circulation@unitedreporting.Com
Other information providers accessible through United Reporting own their content and United Reporting cannot grant permission to reuse or republish material from those information providers. Please contact them directly.
6. FCRA Restrictions. United Reporting is not a consumer reporting agency as defined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), and the information in the United Reporting Crime News Service and Information has not been collected in whole or in part for the purpose of furnishing consumer reports, as defined in the FCRA. You shall not use any of our information as a factor in (1) establishing an individual’s eligibility for personal credit or insurance or assessing risks associated with existing consumer credit obligations, (2) evaluating an individual for employment, promotion, reassignment or retention (including employment of household workers such as babysitters, cleaning personnel, nannies, contractors, and other individuals), or (3) any other personal business transaction with another individual (including, but not limited to, leasing an apartment).
7. Misuse. In the event that United Reporting suspects that the United Reporting Crime News Service and Information has been misused, we will contact our suppliers and/or law enforcement agencies (as appropriate) and will provide them with all data needed to conduct an investigation. You consent to the provision of its information (including search key data) for such investigative purposes. You further agree to fully cooperate with all audits of our customers and our systems generally. United Reporting systems and services may not be electronically accessed by automated programs or other data extraction systems without prior authorization. United Reporting reserves the right to cancel or not offer its service to any user that it deems is inappropriately using its services.
8. Fees and Refund Policy. Fees for use of United Reporting are posted on the various search pages. You agree to pay the fees associated with your use of the United Reporting Crime News Service and Information by providing us with a valid credit card. You hereby certify that you are an authorized user of the credit card. You understand that we take credit card fraud and non-payment very seriously, and we may work with law enforcement agencies and private parties to address these issues if they occur. We further reserve the right to suspend service to any delinquent account without notice. If you have questions about our fees, please contact us before you complete any search. You are responsible for (and must pay for) all use of our Crime News Service and Information made by individuals using your account. If you suspect that unauthorized use of your account is taking place, you must notify us immediately. United Reporting will use reasonable efforts to deliver the information services to its customers, and to compile information gathered from selected public records and other sources; provided, however, customer accepts all information “AS IS”. All purchases are final with no refunds. Furthermore, United Reporting accesses and is charged for information controlled by third parties and can not guarantee the accuracy of the information. From time to time, there may be premium content or services available via subscription or surcharges, and those areas will be clearly marked. Because this is an advertising-supported service, we encourage you to patronize the advertisers that help to make this service possible, but we are not responsible in any way for their goods, services or conduct.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties. The information in the United Reporting Crime News Service and Information has been compiled from public records and other proprietary sources for the specific purposes of (1) locating individuals, property and businesses, and/or (2) providing general background information about individuals and businesses for verification purposes. Neither United Reporting nor any of our data suppliers represents or warrants that the Information is current, complete or accurate. UNITED REPORTING HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES REGARDING THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE AND THE ACCURACY, CURRENCY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ADDITIONALLY, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR ANY OTHER CLAIMS OF YOURS OR THIRD PARTIES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. You assume all risks associated with the use of our Crime News Service and Information.
10. Additional Disclaimer of Defect. United Reporting does not guarantee or warrant that any files available for downloading will be free of defects or that our Crime News Service and Information service will be timely or uninterrupted. While we take reasonable steps to ensure that no viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other destructive properties are present, the entire risk as to the quality, security, availability and performance of our Crime News Service and Information service and the accuracy and completeness of any information is with the viewer or user of our service.
11. Disclaimer of Damages. In no event will United Reporting be liable for (i) any incidental, consequential, or indirect damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of programs or information, and the like) arising out of the use of or inability to use our Crime News Service and Information service, or any information or services provided on our service, even if United Reporting has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or (ii) any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies related to the content accessible through our Crime News Service and Information service. Any liability of United Reporting, based on a claim brought by you in connection with your use of our service, shall be limited to the amount paid by you, if any, for use of the site or any of its products during the one-year period immediately preceding the alleged damage. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or liabilities, so some of the above may not apply to you.
12. Indemnification. You agree that you shall indemnify and hold harmless United Reporting, its officers, directors, employees and agents, and the entities that have contributed information to or provided services for the Service, against any and all direct or indirect losses, claims, demands, expenses (including attorneys’ fees) or liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of your use of our Crime News Service and Information and your use or distribution of any information obtained from our Crime News Service and Information. We will promptly notify you of any such claim.
13. Communication. United Reporting’ primary mode of communication with its customers is via email. All purchase receipts, confirmation notices, and welcome messages are delivered through electronic communications. United Reporting may periodically communicate service and other suitable updates with its customers via email. Customer requested reports will be made available online for 3 days following purchase in the Manage Account area of the site.
14. Term. The term of this Agreement shall begin on the day that you agree to these terms and shall continue until terminated by either of us upon notice, which may be given by email. The terms of sections 4, 5, 7 and 8 shall survive termination. Additionally, all of the restrictions on use of our information shall continue to apply to information downloaded from United Reporting until all copies of that information are destroyed by you.
15. Third Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
16. Other Terms. This Agreement shall be governed by California law, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Any action brought in connection with this Agreement shall be filed within one year of the date of the alleged injury, regardless of any statute of limitations, and filed in the Superior Court of the State of California, County of Sacramento or U.S. District Court for the State of California, Eastern District, 9th Judicial District. Failure by either of us to insist on the strict performance of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement in one or more cases shall not be considered a waiver or relinquishment for the future of any such term or condition or of any other term or condition. The terms and conditions set forth here constitute our entire agreement, and any additional or different terms or conditions set forth in any other document, including without limitation any purchase order, shall be of no effect.